Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Tell us something positive about your carer!
Carers Week has started today and will run from Monday 10th June – Sunday 16th June 2019. This year’s theme will be looking at connecting carers to their communities, advice and information, support services, friends and family, other carers and through technology.
There are approximately 6.5 million carers in the UK who care for a loved one who's disabled, older or chronically ill. You can show your support for Carers Week by making a pledge to help connect carers to support.
Our online community does its best to be supportive of carers, as we know being a carer can make you feel alone and misunderstood, while being cared for can be equally isolating. Getting the right support from your carer and your local carers services is vital in helping to make the load easier to bear.
Being cared for can make you feel like a burden to their carer, I know my loved one sometimes feels like this and often mentions it. However, they are always assured they're not a burden but a blessing. We take each day at a time and try to stay as optimistic as possible.
Would you like tell us something positive about your carer or the person you care for? How does it feel having someone care for you? We'd love for you to share your experiences with us in the comment section below.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments