Limited work — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Limited work

Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone understand this i was on tax credit b4 pip stopped and was working 24hrs was told had to claim uc ,pip reinstated but cant get tax credits ,was told by dwp claim limited work capability,  went to put claim in was told had to send sick note in, even though i was working then claim sick pay from work and then work to claim it back, how is this right ,have mental illness and just dont understand it all 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,573 Disability Gamechanger

    As you're claiming PIP then yes you can claim limited capability for work under UC but you'll need sick/fit notes from your GP. You can still work and claim this but the work you do could go against you. tax credits and UC are different benefits and the disabled equivalent for UC is limited capability for work and you have to go through a work capability assessment for this.

    Please get some face to face advice from your local CAB or welfare rights.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.