Pip tribunal result — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal result

Pipquestions2
Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
@wildlife @poppy123456 @CockneyRebel @Username_removed @ilovecats

Thank you for all the support you have given me over the past few months 

Tribunal was today. Sat down and after a few questions I panicked and walked out.. so for me on a personal level it didn't go so well. Was an absolute disaster but this was probably good in a way. 

Was then awarded 10 points care (2 cooking, 4 communicating , 4 mixing with people) and enhanced mobility (12 points)

Thank you so much. I was told I could probably have a case to get enhanced daily living But personally I don't feel like going through all that again and not sure it's worth it for the extra £20 a week so I'm happy with what I have gotten and could 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you got a result you are happy with
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • diane1981
    diane1981 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    well done in getting what u should have been given in the 1st place. i have my tribunal in 2 weeks, 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2019
    Well done @Pipquestions2. It can’t have been easy to go at all, but at least you’ve got an outcome you seem okayish with.
    Take it easy and try to put the experience out of your mind! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Pipquestions2
    diane1981 said:
    well done in getting what u should have been given in the 1st place. i have my tribunal in 2 weeks, 

diane1981 said:

Good luck man , I went from 0 In both to 10 and 12 so don't lose faith. Just show up and be yourself they will correct where the assessor went wrong as they did with me 

• Pipquestions2
    Glad you got a result you are happy with
    Thank you for all your help 

I really couldn't have done it without this forum I owe everyone more than I could ever offer 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    We are all here to support each other and as a community member you will be able to add to collective knowledge
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic news! Well deserved award. Well done. It was my pleasure to help. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pipquestions2
    Fantastic news! Well deserved award. Well done. It was my pleasure to help. :)
    Thank you so much. I know I may have come off dismissive at times to your advice but I always took it in 

Without yours and other help, I wouldn't have known what to write in my MR or my appeal and I don't think I would have won it if not for that as the tribunal references it and asked me questions regarding it. All the descriptors I mentioned/asked for in my MR and Appeale based off the advice and comments here, I received points in (didn't expect to get 12 mobility but both you and ilovecats said I should get 12 so hats off to you guys)

The communication points was a huge surprise after out little conversation a few days ago and from googling it I expected 0, but I'm glad that I received the 4 points as I believe that to be an accurate reflection of my communication problems and it's effectively what won me the daily living component. Even though I managed to answer the questions ( did try to prompt my worker once but they said I've to answer it myself) they could see I was struggling to communicate and thankfully that was enough 

Another question though - will I receive another award letter from the DWP or is the award letter the tribunal gave me final?
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi there, 

Sounds like it's been a pretty traumatic experience, I am glad it's over for you now and you can relax for a bit. So congratulations on getting what you should of got in the first place.

Wishing you all the best
    Drew

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.