PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Dwp Decision maker

thedocthedoc Member Posts: 51 Connected
Hi all have you ever heard of the Decision maker ever going against what the assessor has awarded ? ie. Like lowering the points on daily living and mobility plz 

Replies

• drewdundeedrewdundee Member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi @thedoc the decision maker went with my decision on my report. I saw you asked this already in another thread, have you heard something to the contrary?

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    It is rare but can happen either way
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, i've heard it happen but as CR said, it's rare.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi

I been on this forum for 18 months and have only heard of one DM change a recommendation from 5 years award to a 10 year award.

Ditto to other forums I am on.

There is no evidence of any changes being made by DM.

If such actions where taken by a DM, this would be “an abuse of process” as they have no power or authority, to override the assessor.

All a DM can do is send it back to AP for clarification or such like.

• thedocthedoc Member Posts: 51 Connected
    I apologise if I've already ask this question the waiting to hear off the DM is far worse than the f2f was the assessor was very nice female nurse 

Sign in or join us to comment.