Home pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Home pip assessment

leonas Member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi my hubby has an appointment to go for a pip assessment next week  but he can hardly leave the house he has bad mental problems and stammers he has mobility problems eg broke his neck and spine he can do some walking he has recently had a tia mini stroke and can't drive until he gets results from the brain scan he can't go in a taxi for the assessment because of his mental health and he can't walk to the bus stop as it is to far for him do you think they wl give him a home visit instead thanks for any help how to deal with this x


  • AWilson198911
    AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
    give the assessment provider a call and explain that you need a home assessment and they will change it . That’s what they did with me 

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,627 Disability Gamechanger

    You'll most likely need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why he can't attend the assessment centre. Also be aware that if he attends other appointments then this could go against him for a home assessment.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.