PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Fibromygia

stars68stars68 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have a PIP assessment coming up shortly been diagnosed with fibro from rheumatologist 5 years ago and was wondering if whether its worthwhile going ahead as they  may not see how my condition affects me 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. They won't know how your conditions affect you unless you tell them, as all people are affected differently by these conditions.

When you filled out the form you should have told them everything about your conditions. The face to face assessment will be to confirm what you said in the form and to answer any more questions they have.

Evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,949 Scope community team
    Hello @stars68 and a warm welcome to the community. I hope you've found Poppy's advice to be useful but if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.