Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Preparation Days for Disabled and Dyslexic Students @ University of Greenwich
Good afternoon and I hope you are all well. We have two preparation days for disabled and dyslexic students in July – One at Medway and one at Greenwich. Whilst these days were created for prospective students, we have decided to open up the events to our current disabled and dyslexic students.
The days are intended to be a small and informal introduction to some of the skills required to do well at university. The preparation days are being held at our Medway campus on July 9th and our Greenwich campus on July 11th 2019.
The following workshops are available at the events (the most popular 4 will be delivered on the day):
- Free assistive technology.
- [email protected]
- STEMM @ university.
- Know your strengths.
- Know your learning style.
- Top tips for disabled students.
- [email protected]
- Imposter [email protected]
To book a place at either event – please book here:
or you can email me directly:
if you have not joined STAART already:
Dr. Melanie Thorley
*AccessAbility and STAART Lead and disabled student advisor
University of Greenwich
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments