Had CAB appeal initiation appointment today. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had CAB appeal initiation appointment today.

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
Had my CAB appeal initiation appointment today.against the WCA zero point decision.

These are the reasons for appealing:
I'm hopping they'll find at least 15 points in there but keeping fingers crossed - in my mind.
Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Which group were you previously in when you were found fit for work? If it's the Support Group then do be aware that it's not about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the support Group descriptors the majority of the time.

Giving just your reasons for the appeal now is fine but sometime in the near future you should write why you think you should be in that group and your reasons why. I don't see any reasons above. I only see the things you can't do but why can't you do those things?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019

ESA WRA

Those are the reasons entered by the CAB advisor into the official gov.uk online appeals form, a copy of which was emailed to me and that is an image that I lifted from it.
  • poppy123456
    Ok WRAG. You should still at some point in the near future send your reasons why you think those descriptors apply to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • GettinOlde
    @poppy123456 I don't understand, send those reasons to whom?
  • poppy123456
    To HMCTS it's called building your case. You need to have reasons why you think those descriptors apply to you, you haven't given any reasons.
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Is this something CAB should have informed me of? After all, this is after a failed Mandatory Reconsideration and I attended the resulting CAB appointment this morning and they initiated an appeal regarding going to tribunal.
  • poppy123456
    Yes they should have told you this. Sometimes CAB isn't the best place to go for help/support.

May i ask also if you've claimed UC? if you have then you won't be able to go back onto ESA even if you succeed at Tribunal.
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Yes, started claiming UC as soon as kicked off ESA - what was I supposed to do without any income otherwise?

CAB has handle this for me before, but I don't remember it being as disjointed as this - it was dealt with all by the same advisor
  • poppy123456
    As you claimed UC then it's possible that you'll be sent a work capability assessment form before your Tribunal hearing takes place. If this happens then the new decision will overrule the Tribunal decision for the ESA. That's the only problem when you claim UC after being found fit for work.

The reason i advised you that is because what you posted above i couldn't see any reasons why you think you should have scored those points for WRAG and this is what the Tribunal will be looking for.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.