PIP query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP query

Options
mummytoKU
mummytoKU Community member Posts: 6 Connected
i had my PIP assessment at home today due to my mental health, I was just wondering how long it took other people to receive backdated payment and what rates would I get?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Whether you'll receive any backdated money will depend on whether you're successfully awarded PIP. If you're not awarded then you won't receive any backdated money.

No one can tell you on an internet forum whether your claim will be successful.

Wait a week after the assessment and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with the report.

If you're not successful then once a decision is made you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

Waiting times for decisions depend on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome

Leave it for a week then ring DWP for a copy of the assessment report No one can tell you what your award might be but the report will give you an indication. it can take 8-12 weeks for a decision to be made
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mummytoKU
    mummytoKU Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    The lady who assessed me said I’m very likely to get the higher rates of both and it would take upto 6 weeks I just didn’t know if it was that amount of time to hear back or not
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    The lady shouldn’t of told you anything till they decide 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I completely agree that the HCP should not have said what they said. It's not up to them to decide. I just hope they are true to their word....

They always tell people 6 weeks because they really have no idea about backlogs. Some wait 2 weeks, while others wait several weeks and more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @mummytoKU, I hope you are not waiting too much longer!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.