PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP query

mummytoKUmummytoKU Member Posts: 2 Listener
i had my PIP assessment at home today due to my mental health, I was just wondering how long it took other people to receive backdated payment and what rates would I get?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Whether you'll receive any backdated money will depend on whether you're successfully awarded PIP. If you're not awarded then you won't receive any backdated money.

No one can tell you on an internet forum whether your claim will be successful.

Wait a week after the assessment and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with the report.

If you're not successful then once a decision is made you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

Waiting times for decisions depend on backlog in your area.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

Leave it for a week then ring DWP for a copy of the assessment report No one can tell you what your award might be but the report will give you an indication. it can take 8-12 weeks for a decision to be made
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mummytoKUmummytoKU Member Posts: 2 Listener
    The lady who assessed me said I’m very likely to get the higher rates of both and it would take upto 6 weeks I just didn’t know if it was that amount of time to hear back or not
  • Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    The lady shouldn’t of told you anything till they decide 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I completely agree that the HCP should not have said what they said. It's not up to them to decide. I just hope they are true to their word....

They always tell people 6 weeks because they really have no idea about backlogs. Some wait 2 weeks, while others wait several weeks and more.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @mummytoKU, I hope you are not waiting too much longer!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.