Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Wearing sunglasses can be more important than you think!
The sun is actually shining for me today, I hope it is for you as well!
Today is National Sunglasses Day which aims highlight the importance of wearing sunglasses. RNIB share their tips on how to protect your eyes from the sun after research has shown that people who do not wear sunglasses risk doing substantial damage to their eyes due to the harmful effects of the sun’s rays.
For most people, sunglasses are reserved for bright and sunny days. However, if you are sensitive to the light you may wear them more often. I have become incredibly sensitive to light as a result of loosing most of my sight over the last few years. As a result, I rarely would leave the house without wearing sunglasses and can wear them in the house on a particular bad day.
Why not share a picture of your sunglasses? How do you find your eyes manage on a sunny day? Let us know your thoughts below!
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments