Tribunal win - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal win

Comments

• jamestw83
    jamestw83 Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Hi folks I have a question. I was just wondering if my case is with the case manager do they only have 6 to 8 weeks to sort out the claim or can they take longer? Thanks in advance.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    The 6-8 weeks is just a guide, there's never any timescales. The reason they say this long is if they request to SOR within the first month. As they haven't done that you should hear from them soon. If you haven't heard by the end of next week then ring again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jamestw83
    Thanks @poppy123456 I will ring them on Monday to ask what's happening again thanks my mind is my worst enemy.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jamestw83, did you manage to get through to them today?
    Scope

• jamestw83
    Hi @Chloe_Scope I couldn't get through to them tried just after 8am was so busy was on the phone 20 mins and never got through tried again a out 3 PM still never got through. It will be 6 weeks on Wednesday will try again later in the week.
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    @jamestw83 it averages an hour waiting, make yourself a cuppa and put the handset on speakerphone 

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• poppy123456
    I'd advise you to continue to try to get through. 20 minutes really isn't long enough to wait because a lot of the time it's closer to 1 hour of waiting before someone answers. Good thing the phone numbers are free now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jamestw83
    Will try again tomorrow can't see it making any quicker though the DWP wont hurry it up I don't think.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Morning @jamestw83, I hope you are able to get through at some point today!
    Scope

• jamestw83
    Hi guys called yesterday took me an hour and 15 mins only to be told that the case manager still hasn't sorted things yet and I'd have to wait. Does anyone know what the waiting time for claims in Scotland is?
  • poppy123456
    There's no time scales for anything really. As you're waiting for back payment then it can take 8 weeks. Some wait less time and some wait more. You should receive a phone call asking a few questions before payment is made. The questions will be to check bank details and ask if you've been in hospital recently.

Hopefully not much longer now but there's really nothing more you can do in the meantime.
  • Dumpling
    Dumpling Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I'm in England, but as Poppy said can be anytime really. 

I rang up on Monday and got through within 10 minutes and I rang up at 11am.
    They put me through to appeals department and I was told 4 to 6 weeks. I have been waiting nearly 5 weeks now. 
    While I was on the phone they asked me the questions about bank, hospital etc so now I won't be expecting that phone call to ask me.
  • Dumpling
    Dumpling Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    @jamestw83 That's great news to hear you got it. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    That's great @jamestw83, very happy for you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for coming to let us know @jamestw83! This is great! :)
    Scope

• doctorcrash16
    doctorcrash16 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hello I won my pip appeal 2 weeks ago now I rang up today and the woman said my case is with the case manager as of the 15th February so does that mean they won't appeal it now ?

Cause she said probably it won't because they would of by now if they was going to hoping someone can put my mind at ease here 
    She also said it's with the case manager and that they are sorting the payments so does that mean I haven't got much longer she said it could be a few days or a week or 2 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Hello I won my pip appeal 2 weeks ago now I rang up today and the woman said my case is with the case manager as of the 15th February so does that mean they won't appeal it now ?

Cause she said probably it won't because they would of by now if they was going to hoping someone can put my mind at ease here 
    She also said it's with the case manager and that they are sorting the payments so does that mean I haven't got much longer she said it could be a few days or a week or 2 weeks 
    Hi,

Great news! DWP have 1 month to request the statement of reasons, not 1 month to appeal. Once they receive this they then have to find the error in law before they can appeal the decision. They sometimes request this but rarely appeal it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you receive your back dated money but before they pay you they'll contact you asking for bank details and whether you've been in hospital at any time. Once this happens it's not usually long before you receive the money that's owed and your award to be put into payment. It can take anywhere between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

• doctorcrash16
    doctorcrash16 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Ok thanks but she said it's with the case manager now to sort the payments out also she said it could take a few days 
    Could it happen anytime from now 
    And also what's the chances in them asking for the statements of reasons please ?
  • poppy123456
    Ok thanks but she said it's with the case manager now to sort the payments out also she said it could take a few days 
    Could it happen anytime from now 
    And also what's the chances in them asking for the statements of reasons please ?
    No one can tell you exactly when you will receive what you’re owed. Once they ask you for those details the. It shouldn’t be too long, other than that we can only guess because there’s not really any timescales.

I have no idea of what the chances are of them requesting the SOR. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.