Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Kez70 Member Posts: 1 Listener
If a person works full time 40hrs and there partner is disabled and cannot be able to work but gets pip can that disabled person claim any other benefits 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,653 Disability Gamechanger

    Universal credit maybe possible but that will depend on your household income, savings/capital. As Universal credit it a means tested benefit then you would need to claim as a couple.

    I'd advise you both the visit your local CAB for a full benefits check.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,163

    Scope community team

    Good afternoon @Kez70 and welcome to the community!

    As Poppy mentioned, it really depends on the individual household circumstances as well as household income and savings etc. 

    Have you taken a look at any calculators online? 
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.