My daughter is still in education, what benefits are there? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

My daughter is still in education, what benefits are there?

jilly2jilly Member Posts: 1 Listener
Evening, I have a 16 year old autistic daughter, she is at a special school she leaves when she is 19.  She won't be able to go to work as she has a learning disability. She is on high rate on pip for both care and mobility.  Is she entitled to anything else, she also lives with me.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,653 Disability Gamechanger

    As long as she remains in full time non advanced education then you'll still be able to claim child benefit and tax credits or UC child element for her. You just need to ring them to tell them that she's staying in full time education.

    Until she leaves she won't be able to claim any other benefit other than PIP.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,565 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jilly2jilly, welcome to the community! I hope @poppy123456's advice helps. Is there anything else that we could do to help? Please feel free to have a look around the community and let me know if there is anything we can do :)



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.