Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

Options
tinka1992
tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I need some advice please so I had my assessment failed it only got 4points the lady who.did my assessment made loads of lies didnt even add nothing I really said to do with my mental health I'm.now at 1st stage of apeal Mr what have people outcome been with 1st apeal stage more than 12months wait if it did go to tribule just makes me even more iller to think about the wait time  thanks 

Comments

• Frank8888
    Frank8888 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Mine took 17 months for a tribunal only because some one with a similar name cancelled it and the clerk cancelled mine by mistake so they had to reschedule it but at my appeal the judge and doctor only took 2 mins to give me enhanced on both,dont give up it is a long road but worth it in the end
  • Nikki76
    Nikki76 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Hi 
    Please don't give up,l put my appeal in last 25 July 2018,l waited til 11th June for hearing,l had telephone hearing,the judge was really nice,the dwp didn't turn up for my hearing,the disability doctor asked loads of questions l was on phone hour and half
    My pip l applied for the assessor lied on my report,l got turned down so my dla stopped for 27 June 2018.
    You need to get loads of medical evidence,l too suffer mental,OCD,killing myself,all the usual mental health
    If you have support,from doctors,councillor,get them to do ya letters,l did,l sent a whole load throughout the year.
    If you can't go hearing cos of anxiety,like me.request a telephone one,get letter to support it,if you can get citizens advice bureau,to help,the women l saw did a points letter to tribunal,saying the descriptors l had.
    .your be ok,I wasn't expecting the outcome l did from judge!when l was on phone to them on my hearing,l had a belly button infection and the flu!they took it easy on me.
    My mum was present as well,they spoke to her,too mum told them truth!
    Please don't panic,l thought l give you my experience,see if it helps

• tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for your advice gonna try not to panic it takes so long all this waiting my worker says its disgusting how dwp can say people dont have problems when they do 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I really hope you're not waiting much longer @tinka1992!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.