mandatory decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory decision

Mags54
Mags54 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Just got a letter from dwp that they are keeping me in the work related group. Does that mean i will still be able to get my esa. Or will i be made to work i am 65 and due my pension in march 2020.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It means you'll stay on ESA in the work related activity group (WRAG) you will be asked to attend work focused interviews and take steps to prepare for work in the future but you won't be made to look for work.

Were in previously in this group before the decision was made?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mags54
  • poppy123456
    I just realised that your thread title states mandatory decision, were you originally found fit for work and requested the Mandatory Reconsideration and the decision changed?

If so, did you claim Universal Credit while you waited for the  decision or not?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mags54
    No I was on support group was changed to wrag group and was sent to an interview and the fellow told me to ask for mandatory decision but they told me they have not changed the decision and I have to stay on wrag group. But I am due to go on pensio in march 2020
  • poppy123456
    If you still disagree with the decision then your next step is to request the Tribunal and you have 1 month from the date of the MR decision to request this.

If you're claiming Contributions based ESA then the WRAG is only paid for 1 year, unless you're placed into the Support Group.

Tribunal waiting times are huge across most of the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date. I'd advise you to speak to an advice agency near you for help.

Your pension qualifying date doesn't make any difference to which group you're in.
  • Mags54
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Mags54 and welcome to the community. Are you planning to appeal the decision?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Mags54
    I don't think so as I have been to appeals before and they are nerve wrecking. They make you feel that you are lying about your health. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.