Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
In desperate need of advice!!
Hi All, please do bare with me with this as it's the very first time I've ever spoken out about this so it's hard to put into words. I'm in a long term marriage over 10years I'm also disabled with various disabilities. Over the years I've not realised that slowly I've been manipulated and separated from every family member and friend I've had. I've got no one in my life anymore and no control or access to money. My benefits are paid into her account. Anyway it's not as black and white as this I'm constantly being accused of cheating even though I don't and cant really go anywhere without her as it's to much hassle to deal with the arguments afterwards. I'm accused of cheating and sleeping with everyone and due to being sick and feeling very ill I've not had any sex drive for months. I'll be honest we havnt had sex for 7 months now and I feel so bad about it I'm going through the menopause even though I'm young battling my mental health brain tumour Addison's disease amongst others and the horrible sly digs and gaslighting I'm getting off her I'm not in the mood for sex frankly but she flipped her lid last night and screamed all over the street when the neighbour's where out 'no wonder you dont sleep with me' I had to threaten her with the police as she is very aggressive when shes angry. I've literally got no one to talk to, nothing. Shes constantly going on to me saying how bad it is that shes having to go through not having sex for this long and I'm not thinking about her. Am I in the wrong? Is she in the right? I just don't know what to do. Sorry for the waffling, 👍💖💖
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.