Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is it every one will go on UC

najdinajdi Member Posts: 9 Connected
I am worried about it 
I just get my ESA on October 2018 do they going to move me and ask me all that Quations 
I am really worried about I can’t sleep 
i keep watching the post every morning 
and then start worrying about the next morning 

i am on ESA for Mentel health

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're receiving Income Related ESA then yes eventually you will be invited to apply for UC but this is most likely a few years away yet, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime.

There's a pilot being launched in Harrogate that was due to start in July but that's been delayed. For this they will be inviting 10,000 people from this area to move across. Then managed migration starts sometime next year most likely.

At the moment you're worrying needlessly and should try to relax.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Hart86Hart86 Member Posts: 394 Pioneering
    Aww I’m so sorry you’re so worried @najdi!! Unless you’re in Harrogate you won’t just get a letter telling you to apply or switch to Universal Credit. Everyone will end up on it eventually but it’s going to take a long time for that to happen. Also when you do get put in it, your ESA will transfer over, it shouldn’t mean you are re-evaluated any sooner. ❤️
Sign in or join us to comment.