Dental Anxiety - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dental Anxiety

Options
124»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    @OverlyAnxious did you not get an official diagnosis for your agoraphobia? Or panic disorder / OCD?
    I've never had an official diagnosis for anything.  Closest I've come to one is 'OCD, agoraphobia & social anxiety' written on a fit note so I could apply for ESA.  I initially applied for JSA and very quickly realised I couldn't manage the requirements for the job search. 
    So I’m guessing you claim ESA/UC. Is this why poppy and calcotti tell me I don’t need an official diagnosis for ESA/UC/PIP.  
    That's because the advice you've constantly been given is correct. I've told you quite a few times on various threads that my daughter first claimed PIP in 2017 and that was before she had any diagnosis.

Did you say your daughter had social anxiety?

Yes as well as ASD and a learning disability.
    Can I ask you, poppy. Did you have a definitive diagnosis of social anxiety?
    I don’t have social anxiety, my daughter does and yes as I told you, it’s an official diagnosis. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bluefox
    bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
    Options
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    @OverlyAnxious did you not get an official diagnosis for your agoraphobia? Or panic disorder / OCD?
    I've never had an official diagnosis for anything.  Closest I've come to one is 'OCD, agoraphobia & social anxiety' written on a fit note so I could apply for ESA.  I initially applied for JSA and very quickly realised I couldn't manage the requirements for the job search. 
    So I’m guessing you claim ESA/UC. Is this why poppy and calcotti tell me I don’t need an official diagnosis for ESA/UC/PIP.  
    That's because the advice you've constantly been given is correct. I've told you quite a few times on various threads that my daughter first claimed PIP in 2017 and that was before she had any diagnosis.

I don’t have social anxiety, my daughter does and yes as I told you, it’s an official diagnosis. 
    Yeah, I meant did your daughter have a diagnosis of social anxiety at the time? Or was it no diagnosis but eventually led to ASD. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:

Yeah, I meant did your daughter have a diagnosis of social anxiety at the time? Or was it no diagnosis but eventually led to ASD. 

I don't know how many times you would like me to tell you. She had a diagnosis of social anxiety, ASD and a learning disability. They were all diagnosed at the same time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bluefox
    bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
    Options
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:

I don't know how many times you would like me to tell you. She had a diagnosis of social anxiety, ASD and a learning disability. They were all diagnosed at the same time.
    No, you said originally she didn't have a diagnosis for PIP. So I'm asking, when you say she didn't have a diagnosis for PIP originally, did you just say she socially anxious. 

That's what I meant..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's correct she didn't have a diagnosis when i first claimed PIP for her because you don't need a diagnosis to be entitled to it. No i didn't say she was "just socially anxious" because it was a lot more than that.
    Her conditions affect her ability to make decisions, cook, dress, managing money, going out, planning journeys, engaging with others, reading body language, telling the time and that's just to start with but i won't go into further details. 

Just because she had a diagnosis of all those 3 it doesn't mean that all the signs and characteristics appeared overnight. Having a diagnosis didn't change her and she was still the same person.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hear you @bluefox. Validation is super key. How have you been feeling about everything more recently?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.