Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My husband received a letter from the DWP in April 2019 saying he may be owed money from 2013 for ESA payments. He was told in April that it could take up to 12 weeks for a decision which would take him up to the 17th July. He phoned them yesterday for an update & has now been told that the wrong information was given to everyone & it’s now twelve weeks from the date they assess your paperwork which was only done on the 2nd of July. So now he has to wait until the end of September for an answer. Has anybody else been given this information as I’ve spoken to other people & they’ve told me they’re cases were resolved within twelve weeks of them returning the paperwork. Has anyone else been informed of this new ruling? Thanks Lynette
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.