Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

not sure what i can claim

Hi can anyone advice me I have just been put into support group and I claim pip standard 
not too sure if there is anything like carers allowance I can claim I live alone and no one cares for me only my daughter that pops in everyday on her lunch many thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Do you claim New style ESA or the old Contributions based ESA or Income related ESA. There's a big difference between the 3 of them. If you're claiming New style ESA then there's no disability premiums available with this. Your award break down letter will tell you exactly what you're claiming.

You can't claim carers allowance for yourself.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • cazza62cazza62 Member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @poppy123456 thank you it does say that I would get £73.10 and a extra £38.55 so think it must be the new style ESA 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes indeed that sounds like New style ESA. Unfortunately, there are no disability premiums available when claiming this.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.