Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Uc lcwra wanting to move out
Hello, I'm currently living with my dad in a 1 bedroom flat and have been for years now and my dad has been bidding for a new homes but still no luck and our living situation cant continue like this as he has been sleeping on a sofa with bad joint issues etc, I am currently on lcwra until feb for reassessment, but havent moved out because I'm afraid theres a chance I may not still get lcwra if they dont think I should still get, even tho my circumstances hasnt changed, my question is, is there any help out there to help pay for housing costs as if I'm put back on normal universal credit I wont have enough money to keep a home going.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.