Looking for Female Support worker in London for girl with CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for Female Support worker in London for girl with CP

Options
krustytheunicorn
krustytheunicorn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone,

I have been working with a girl for 5 years as a support worker. She is 24, has cerebral palsy and lives in West London (zone 2).

She uses a manual wheelchair and requires help with feeding. Personal care is generally taken care of at home without support workers' assistance. We are looking for someone to take her out 1+ days a week to do an activity of her choice. Hours are flexible.

She is bright and compassionate, but needs help building up her confidence and manoeuvring through new experience (particularly dating and relationships at the moment).

I have been given the task of recruiting on her behalf and am having a very difficult time finding casual workers without paying a fee or using an agency. If anyone has any advice or knows someone who might be interested please get in touch.

Anyone who recruits privately (ie. without using an agency), I would really value your experience as the world of disability is becoming increasingly monopolised and I am in need of reassurance!

Thanks,

J

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.