Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Child allowance and fit note.

pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
Good afternoon 
Our child benifit is due to stop shortly and my fit note also runs out. How will child benifit stopping and fit note ending effect my uc disability and pip benifit.
Many thanks 

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,937

Scope community team

Hello @pigeon55.
    By UC disability do you mean the LCW/LCWRA element? If so, child benefit has no impact on it or your PIP at all. Do you still receive the child element of Universal Credit? If so, that may stop.

With regards to your fit note, do you have an award for LCW/LCWRA? If so, you shouldn't need to be handing fit notes from your doctor in any more. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • pigeon55pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
    We recive LCWRA and recive  child element of uc. Regarding fit note I recive award LCWRA attached to my uc. I'm not the best at understanding these rules and have notified uc of what is happening as not to get in any trouble. Thanks for your reply.
    Regards
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,937

Scope community team

edited July 2019
    Okay, I’m assuming Child Benefit is stopping as your child is no longer in full time education? If so, you’ll also lose the child element for them from your Universal Credit claim.
    If you have been assessed and have LCWRA then you don’t need to hand in fit notes any more, so it running out doesn’t matter. 
    But you’ve done the right thing, if you’re ever unsure, it’s best to let them know. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.