Child allowance and fit note. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Child allowance and fit note.

pigeon55
pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
Good afternoon 
Our child benifit is due to stop shortly and my fit note also runs out. How will child benifit stopping and fit note ending effect my uc disability and pip benifit.
Many thanks 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,824 Scope online community team
    Hello @pigeon55.
    By UC disability do you mean the LCW/LCWRA element? If so, child benefit has no impact on it or your PIP at all. Do you still receive the child element of Universal Credit? If so, that may stop.

With regards to your fit note, do you have an award for LCW/LCWRA? If so, you shouldn't need to be handing fit notes from your doctor in any more. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    We recive LCWRA and recive  child element of uc. Regarding fit note I recive award LCWRA attached to my uc. I'm not the best at understanding these rules and have notified uc of what is happening as not to get in any trouble. Thanks for your reply.
    Regards
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,824 Scope online community team
    edited July 2019
    Okay, I’m assuming Child Benefit is stopping as your child is no longer in full time education? If so, you’ll also lose the child element for them from your Universal Credit claim.
    If you have been assessed and have LCWRA then you don’t need to hand in fit notes any more, so it running out doesn’t matter. 
    But you’ve done the right thing, if you’re ever unsure, it’s best to let them know. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.