Pip assessment & decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment & decision

Options
riordan81
riordan81 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am wondering if anyone could help answer some questions I have? My husband has had Higher DLA both parts then Pip when it changed & had to have an assessment recently where his Motability part was downgraded to standard rate which meant we would loose the car so he appealed the decision & they kept the decision. The comments made by the examiner were false & said that he didn’t say things that he did & didn’t do things that he did & was basically lies & because he walked 21.5 metres but not continuously with the aid of a crutch & me & also a wall when needed even though he did make comment to the examiner about the distance. Are the assessments recorded by the DWP 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

PIP assessments are not recorded by DWP or the health assessment providers.

You say you've appealed the decision but it remained the same. Do you mean he requested the Mandatory Reconsideration? If so then his next step is to request the Tribunal within 1 month of the date of the MR decision.

Do be aware that the Tribunal won't be interested in any lies that may have been told during the assessment. They will only be interested in the reasons why he should be awarded those points and how his conditions affect him.

Waiting times for Tribunal hearings are huge in most areas so you could be waiting a year for a hearing date. Appearing in person will give him the best chance of a decision in his favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • riordan81
    riordan81 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456 for the reply, yes it is the MR that we asked for that hasn’t changed & now the next step is Tribunal. He spoke to someone on the phone & they said that because he walked 21.5 meters to the consultation room that goes into the next bracket, yes he did walk to the room but not continuously he had to stop & made the point to The assessor about the distance, but feel it’s unfair that they make it so you have to walk that far to the assessment room as if they are trying to set you up, he feels like it was done on purpose & that rooms shouldn’t be that far away for people with disabilities to have to get to. 
  • jaja
    jaja Community member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    Options

i read an article recently, I can't remember where, that the stats for losing motability vehicles is very high.

As @poppy123456 said appeal is the next stage. I would get advice and a representative.

I had a couple of thoughts the phrase 'reliably, safely, repeatedly and in a timely manner' might be of relevance. Even if your husband did manage to walk the distance you mentioned if he couldn't do it in a reliably, safely, and as often as needed etc then from my understanding he isn't capable of walking that far. I think these rules are complicated and it would be wise to seek advice.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.