NI credits if my son is receiving PIP & UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NI credits if my son is receiving PIP & UC

Options
Cath59
Cath59 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i would so appreciate your advice please, I've been to so many sites and I'm just not getting the info I need.
My 20-something son has a spinal condition and he was awarded UC and PIP, but, I believe that I would need to apply for NI credits that would go towards his pension credit? Could you please point me in the correct direction?

He was full time in Uni, until March 2017, and then had to stop because he was in so much pain.
He was diagnosed with a spinal tumour in March 2017, but I only found out how to apply for UC in Oct 2017, and PIP in March 2018. PIP has awarded him until March 2020, when it will be reviewed. He will be having major surgery 6-8 months from now, which may improve matters, and maybe not.

So, basically, it appears that I could apply for credits towards NI? but, I've gone from site to site, and I can't find the info. Please help? Thanks!

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Cath59 and welcome to the community. Universal Credit automatically pays Class 3 NI credits, so he won't need to apply for them.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.