Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

leonas
leonas Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi all I came on a few weeks ago about my hubby home assessment well we have got our letter today my hubby got the higher rate of mobility and the enhanced rate of daily living on DLA pip have  now decided that he has been awarded the standard rate for daily daily living and nothing for his mobility I could no believe what i was reading today my poor hubby worthless with his broken back and neck and on morphine and not being awarded any mobility has anyone else had the same result I will be fighting this to my dying breath he feels like he's been treated as a FAKE just had to have a rant Leona x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, lots of people don't receive the award they are happy with, likewise that lots of people do receive the award they're happy with.

He now has 1 month from the date of that decision to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) he needs to put this request in writing stating where he thinks he should have scored those points and his reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to him.

Send any relevant evidence he has to support is claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that they will look at the whole award again and no one on an internet forum can tell you whether there's any risk to his current award. Most MR decisions do remain the same so it's very likely that he'll need to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for this are huge across most of the country and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date from the time they accept the Tribunal.

This link will help you know what's available local to you for face to face advice, https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited July 2019
    Hi @leonas, I'm really sorry to read your husband's award wasn't as expected. Please let us know if you need any help with your appeal or there's anything about the process you don't understand. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    oh that`s awful.....good luck with the appeal x

• leonas
    leonas Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    It will be fine I hope been in touch with the doc he's doing a report for us too although we sent all the relivant paperwork obviously not enough for them here hoping it will be good news x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.