Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip assessment report

Options
donnax
donnax Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I requested my assement report which I received today ,half is correct half not,the report stated I could move my arms fully which is a total lie as I have a broken scapula and a communited fracture of clavicle due to a fall,I saw my surgeon last week and it shows no healing it has been 6 months since my accident ,the surgeon cannot operate as he said I am too high risk as my bones are weak.
Any advice welcome

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,065 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you added up the recommended points at the back of the report? If not then use the PIP self test here to compare it against and see what you may have scored. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

If there's no recommended award or you're not happy then once a decision is made you have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration, then Tribunal if that fails. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • donnax
    Options
    Hi I added it up it would be 8 for daily living and 10 mobility, however if the assessor had put down correct details about not been able to do upper body properly as I cannot use arms well I would have scored more
  • donnax
    Options
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Remember that PIP is awarded not on your condition but how your condition affects your ability to complete the daily tasks.
    What points do you think you should have scored in which descriptors ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is about things that are hard for you. Give as much information as you can. Definitely contest the decision made. How much information did you originally provide on the form? 
    Take a look at the activity descriptors - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
    Use this letter writing tool to type up a letter- https://www.advicenow.org.uk/tags/pip-tool
    Good luck! Keep us updated on the outcome. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,065 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is about things that are hard for you. Give as much information as you can. Definitely contest the decision made.
    There would be no point in doing that if no further points can be scored against the PIP descriptors. Face to face advice is definitely needed here before requesting the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.