Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Will I be assessed unfavourably?
I have my assessment with Capita tomorrow. The hospital and consultant say I have had a stroke and two bleeds on the brain. I am showing no obvious physical signs of a stroke like face drop or stumbling over etc but feel very tired all the time. At 9 pm the day is over and I’m desperate to get to bed. I have to think twice about everything I do, even something simple like getting up and opening a window or watching my grandchild is safe when I am left in the room with her. I am not the same person I was. Does this lack of physical symptoms mean I will be assessed unfavourably? My problem started with uncontrollable high blood pressure which I still have. I’m worried about my ability to earn an income. Thanks.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.