If I do the reception course for 2 weeks will I need to work? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

If I do the reception course for 2 weeks will I need to work?

dorothyann Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone , New member just joined.  
I have just made a new claim for UC last week.  It's all a lot to take in!!!  I went for 1st appointment with a robot , they never looked up just typed away and told me I have tpo get a note from the doctor for my neck pain , caused by arthritis .  I went for 2nd  appointment yesterday and it was better . I told them I can't do some jobs due to neck pain and I am going to the doctors after there.  The y told me there was a course I could do and I felt I had to do it or they may sanction me .  I went to the doctor who signed me off as unfit for work . I told the advisor this and asked if I still do the course, they said I can still do the course even if I'm not fit for work but it was entirely my decision . 
I am now concerned and even worried as I have been told I will need a medical from the DWP .  What if the job centre tell the medical doctor at DWP I did the course and they say I'm fit for work ?  I have struggled with a job for over a Year with a lot of pain , I now can't do a lot of housework because I can't bend or do too much hoovering and cleaning because it gives me pain.  I want to work but agree with my doctor I m not fit. I can't sit long at the computer so 10 min at a time .  This affects a job with administration as I really can't sit a long time with my neck.  I can't lift so shop work putting stock away is no good.  

Can anyone tell me if I do the reception course for 2 weeks are they likely to say I can do any work ?  I asked if it was sat at a computer , they said it was mostly written work. I will still have to take breaks as I can't sit with my head down for long periods , I have to keep my neck moving by doing exercises .  



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.