Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Severe disability premium
Hi I’m new to here so sorry if this ended up in the wrong place, Just looking to see if anyone could advise me on what to do so I was on esa and pip high rate daily and standard mobility and I had to move to help improve my health last September due to the area I moved I had to claim universal credit and lost my premiums advisors kept telling me I would get them back that never happened I’m still claiming universal credit and still receive pip I also started an apprenticeship work know about my health issues and work with me an it really helps with my problems doing the apprenticeship but it is very hard so have had time off since starting, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me if I’m entitled to a back payment an on going top up and what do I have to do? Thanks
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.