What do you do if you can't physically work? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you do if you can't physically work?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I keep myself busy by volunteering here on this site and my mind active by reading if I can and learning new things online 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I work as a childcare provider 3 days a week. When I am not at work, I am playing with the children or teaching them.
    I also enjoy reading at night too. I find puzzle books are great for helping my brain work. 
  • JumpingJames
    JumpingJames Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    I don't do anything lol. Watch TV, play computer games, go on the internet and take my dog out.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I am a member  of a few sites eg Facebook, P & O Cruising, Accessible Holiday Group, which |I help run, and watch Netflix. Get out when I can, but not much. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I love reading, and at this time of year some gardening and a couple of times a week go out shopping, I do my best to help the OH with the cleaning. All of this depends how I'm feeling but I try to achieve something everyday.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh and I do gardening. We help out on a community allotment. We also organise local community fundraising events to support charities and raise awareness. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I blog and volunteer here on the online community too.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • zebedee
    zebedee Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    To keep my mind active I am studying Law which keeps me extremely busy as there is so much reading to do on subjects, as well as that I have animals that will come and lay on my work or books if they want my attention, oh and of course the housework which due to disability now takes me so long it can take up my day.
  • nikkif
    nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @zebedee is this accredited course or are just learning?, if it is for a qualification how did you go about applying for this. I'm going mad with boredom stuck ar home and would love to gain some knowledge. Thanks. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    These are some great suggestions :)

@nikkif, I believe @zebedee is studying via the open university.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.