Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

cath33
cath33 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hiya, I have my pip assessment this week, my app time is 8am, I find it slightly strange that it is so early, is there anything behind this?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @cath33, hello and welcome, having your assessment early means you won’t have a long wait. Some information about assessment centres and good luck. Firstly filling in the application form giving as much detail how the applicants illnesses, disability affect their daily lives in relation to the PIP descriptors. Suppling up to date medical and supportive evidence that will comfirm you abilities to or not meet the PIP descriptors. Keep copies of any information documents reports evidence you send to DWP as sometimes they get lost or mislaid. On or at your assessment if you need or use aids use them don’t just give yes or no answers let the acessor re ask the questions to allow you to answer describing why you can or cannot do the descriptors being decused, in reference to the physical examination do not do any movements that cause you pain discomfort or aggregate your condition. Be aware of the memory games they play being able to remember things from your past will indicate to the acessor your mental state even though your just talking about things which have nothing to do with the current part of the assessment. Be aware there are CCVTs outside and in and around the the assessment center, the acessor know the distances from the nearest car parks, bus stop waiting rooms to their assessment office so if yo can walk from the bus stop or car park or easily from the waiting room to the office these distances will be noted and recorded. And lastly having had your Face to a Face assessment about a week afterwards ring DWPmand request a copy of your assessment report which takes about 14 days to arrive one requested. On receiving it you can and should be able to work out what your award may, should be as the decmakers at DWP usually go with the assessment report, but you still have to wait for the official award letter notification. If it’s not what you expect then having the report early has given you time to prepare starments ready for submission for an MR which has to be made with 30 days of receding the award letter can be done by phone but best followed up by a postal request.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @cath33 and welcome to the community. 
    Job Centres in some areas are beginning to open earlier and close later, so the start time could simply be because of that, I don't think there's much else to read into it.

Best of luck for your assessment. Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cath33
    Thanks folks for your resonses, have to say I'm nervous but what will be will be, I will report back how it went.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    What day do you have your assessment @cath33
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cath33 and a warm welcome to the community! I really hope your assessment goes okay this week :)
    Scope

• cath33
    Thursday morning ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you @cath33 and please do let us know how it goes if you want to :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.