Is he entitled to SDP? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Is he entitled to SDP?

rosieanna Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my hubby migrated from i/ b to esa .ge gets less money now .he is on c/ b with i/ r top up and gets enhanced d/p of £24.10  total esa £121 for both of us .i work 6 hes a week .they take my wages off his benefit . Also i get carers alloeance for my son they take that off too. Is he entitled to severe d/p as he gets enhanced pip  


  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,183

    Scope community team

    Hi @rosieanna. I assume you and your husband live together? Unfortunately unless you also claim a qualifying benefit e.g. PIP/DLA/AA then he won't be entitled to SDP. The criteria for this is that there can be no other adult living in the house (unless they get a qualifying benefit) and no-one claims Carer's Allowance for them.
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.