PA 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PA 6

Chrystal2807
Chrystal2807 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone explain to me what a PA 6 is please. Someone mentioned to me this is normally at MR stage. DWP havent even made a decision yet

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi, @Chrystal2807. It is my understanding that the PA6 is "a supplementary advice note (change of advice)". It might be sent to the Decision Maker to clarify a point or points from the original assessment. I guess it could happen if they received some late medical advice or other information. They might then complete a PA6.
    Does this make sense in the context of your claim? You can request a copy of the PA6 if you have not got one.

Joanne 
    Scope
  • Chrystal2807
    Hi Joanne, yes thank you, that makes sense. The assessor refused to take further evidence on the day (even though i had been advised to keep it and give it to her). These documents (2 social services assessment reports and a pyschiatrist report) was very relevant to the case. Im concerned that a quality assurance manager from DWP sent it back to be looked at again by IAS and only asked them to look at one descriptor (planning and following a journey) even though many descriptors were underscored.....the evidence all (400 pages!) Thank you 
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    You're welcome  :)
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Chrystal2807
    It does seem like an insane amount, in actual fact it is......i live it everyday! I telephoned them prior to it going in and they said send the lot x
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @Chrystal2807 - I wonder if @ilovecats was hinting at the fact that no-one will have the time to read it....

400 pages is an average size novel!

Good luck though///
  • Chrystal2807
    I know. Well fortunately I have spoken to them today and apparently they have never seen so much robust information. Hopefully that counts for something x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.