What do I do now — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

What do I do now

lou53 Member Posts: 2 Listener
I was moved from dla to pip last year and had a home visit from capita. My award was reduced but when I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and a copy of the report. I found the assessors hadnt been compleatly honest when filling out the report so I appealed,this took a year and I recently had to go to an appeal tribunal. They upheald her decision. Now I just dont know what to do. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,467 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm sorry to hear that. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive this, you need to find an error in law. If this isn't found then i'm afraid you won't be able to take this any further.

    You can of course put in a change of circumstances for a worsening of condition but do be aware that you risk losing your current award by doing this.
  • lou53
    lou53 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    There were other things wrong with me at the time of the tribunal hearing but they were just interested in how I was a yr ago when the assessment was done. Have no idea what error in law is but will look into it thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,467 Disability Gamechanger
    That was correct because they won't take into consideration any worsening of condition.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.