Regulation 29 of 2008 ESA regulations — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Regulation 29 of 2008 ESA regulations

Options
RSISolutions
RSISolutions Community member Posts: 128 Courageous
What is the equivalent of the Regulation 29 of 2008 ESA regulations for Universal Credit, please?

It was awarded to a claimant during an ESA tribunal with the words " However if he were found capable of work this would result in a substantial risk to his physical health" as there weren't enough points for ESA without it. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @RSISolutions. There's some information about it in the Universal Credit ADM here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/772718/admg3.pdf and I've copied it below.

Substantial risk

G3020
    [See memo ADM 7/16][See memo ADM 2/18] The claimant is treated as having LCWRA if they are suffering from a specific illness, disease or bodily or mental disablement, by reason of which there would be a substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if the claimant were found not to have LCWRA1 – see G3021.
    1 UC Regs, reg 40(5) & Sch 9, para 4 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I'm afraid i disagree with @Adrian_Scope here. Regulation 29 for ESA is WRAG and the equivalent of this for UC is LCW and not LCWRA. Regulation 35 is Support Group otherwise known as LCWRA for UC.

Under regulation 29 of the Employment and Support Allowance Regulations those who fail to achieve 15 points from Schedule 2, must still be treated as having limited capability for work (“LCW”) if they suffer from some specific bodily or mental disablement which means there would be a substantial risk to their health, or the health of another person, if they were found not to have LCW.1

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456, you're quite right. I was just thinking of substantial risk generally, forgot the LCW / LCWRA.
    Thanks for clearing it up.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • RSISolutions
    RSISolutions Community member Posts: 128 Courageous
    Options
    So in filling out a UC form. What should the applicant write if they wanted to refer to this?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you say UC form do you mean a work capability assessment form (UC50)? If so then it will depend on how their conditions affect them. They will need to state all about their conditions in the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.