Capita complaint — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita complaint

Batmam93
Batmam93 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just sent my first complaint to capita about the blaintently lies and contradictions in their report. After reading a few forums I'm not hopeful for a proper response as it will be our word against theirs. I'm fully prepared to take this as far as needs be. 
Any advice would be helpful thank you 

Comments

• Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Welcome to the club. It would seem most disabled people (except the ones who are bedridden or wheelchair bound) will be offered the lower payment or no payment. It's a battle from people like DWP and this Government (who took an oath to protect the poorest in society). The poorest are usually disabled people, who can't work because of their disability. There is a glaring in your face agenda, to demonize disabled people. And, the DWP tasked to reject 80% of claims. Facts all in the public domain. The private, for profit, companies received millions in payment to do these assessments.

It starts as soon as you fill in the million-page app form. Asking the same question in different formats. Then the humiliation of the assessment. Which, after an approximate hour, this person, who you've had no other contact with, knows more than Surgeons and Dr's combined, over your lifetime. But hey they've spent an hour with you and now you inside out, right. Then you can beg for an MR (Mandatory reconsideration), you'll be told NO and just regurgitate what the person said who met you for an hour, whose company get paid handsomely for your attendance.

Then, if you last that long, maybe a year later(still on the lowest  payment or no payment) you get to beg in a Court room (they have a nice word for it, tribunal) . You'll be facing, a Judge,Dr and if they can be bothered to turn up, a member from the DWP. With cap in hand, if your lucky, someone who tells you they know what they are doing in a courtroom, to defend your application. You get to plead your case, just like a criminal.

Best of luck.

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Batmam93 and a very warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry you are having to put a complaint in. Please do let us know how you get on, and I hope other members will be able to share their experiences with you.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.