Visit Letter DWP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Visit Letter DWP

Options
haskadoodleflops
haskadoodleflops Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Ive managed DLA payments for my adult son for 10 years. He has ADHD and needed a lot of support. He moved out about 5 years ago but I didn’t tell DWP as  didn’t think it relevant. He’s had DLA since age 6 years but didn’t want the stress or £ by switching over to PIP so ignored the letters. I’ve now had a letter saying they want to pay me a visit. What is this likely to be about, does my son have to attend? Will he have to repay the  DLA because he got a job and moved out? I’m very worried and confused  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

All changes of circumstances must be reported, it states this on all letters.

DLA no longer exists for those aged between 16-64 and all those that claim DLA will be invited to apply for PIP at some point in the near future. If you ignore the letters asking you to apply and you don't apply by the date stated in the letter then the DLA will stop. What letters have you been ignoring?

People claim DLA and work but if a condition has improved then the changes need to be reported.

It's impossible to give any advice on what the visit could be about, my advice is to ring the number on the letter and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • haskadoodleflops
    Options
    Thanks poppy. We ignored the letters telling us DLA was ending and inviting us to apply for PIP. My so. Is now using cannabis oil and is much improved so didn’t want to apply for PIP. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm glad to hear his condition  has improved. If you ignored the letters to apply for PIP then his DLA must have ended? If it didn't then i'm very surprised. Did you report his improvement of condition?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • haskadoodleflops
    Options
    Yes it ended last month. I didn’t report any improvements as he was very up and down. Do you think I should get legal advice or have a solicitor there, the letter was sent to me as I manage his £ but it’s for him and he doesn’t live here now 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'd advise you to ring the number on the letter tomorrow morning and ask what it's about and they should give you some idea.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.