CP Research with the University of Leeds and Durham
I am writing to invite you to participate in a research study entitled: “Minding the gaps: the role of community co-creation in improving medical and social care for adolescents and young adults with cerebral palsy” developed by the Faculty of Medicine & Health, the Business School of University of Leeds, and University of Durham.
Your participation is very important in identifying the challenges young adults with cerebral palsy (CP) face in receiving and accessing care and support during and after transitioning from childhood to adolescence. This study adopts a community-wide approach to various aspects of the treatment and care for people with CP. We aim to open up a conversation with young adults with CP and stakeholders supporting them in order to improve the social and medical care provided to people with CP. Ultimately, we want to investigate and explore the role of communities’ co-creation (gathering of different parties to jointly create/find solutions) in improving medical and social care for people with CP condition.
We would like to invite you for a telephone interview, or a face to face interview at the University of Leeds or at a location of your choice. This interview will last between 30 min to 80 minutes, depending on your availability. If you are interested in taking part, please contact by email ([email protected]).
The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.
Posts in the Events, research and opportunities is the only board that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link.
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments