Advice on collating MR submission for PIP for autistic son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on collating MR submission for PIP for autistic son

Options
ishrose
ishrose Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi a few of you very kindly offered me advice on how to do the MR for my son who received no points for PIP, despite being on a lifelong DLA award. I have gathered assorted evidence and gone through the report with a fine tooth comb. There are loads of problems and discrepancies, which adds up to a lot of information to be sent back. 
I therefore have some questions. Do I included all my challenges to the assessor's comments on the report, or will too much just annoy them? Do I do a covering letter and add my challenges / evidence as a separate document, or do I include them in the letter? As there has been 2 Court rulings about PIP - one High Court and one Court of Supremacy, can I mention these in my challenge? I now have more back up evidence but am well aware they may not even bother to read it. Many thanks again.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,241 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Mentioning any lies or contradictions in the report isn't going to help you at MR or Tribunal stage because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those and it won't strengthen your case at all.

They will only be interested in where you think he should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to him will also help.

If it's long and contains pages and pages of writing then you're right they may not read it, just keep it straight to the point. Same with any evidence you send, mountains of this, isn't going to help because again they may not read it. Less is often more. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ishrose
    ishrose Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ishrose, please let us know if there is anything else we can do. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.