MR for pip regarding mental health ruling mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR for pip regarding mental health ruling mobility

billyandme
billyandme Community member Posts: 16 Connected
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. I’ve just received a letter from pip saying they reviewed my claim following the mental health ruling. My award stays the same at 4 points for mobility. I want to challenge this. I am not able to use public transport at all. I barely leave the house. I have bipolar and agrophobia. I have some evidence that was used for my esa review, letters from mental health team explaining the problems I have with public transport etc.  Could I use this evidence for my pip mr. Also what is the best way to do an Mr ?
Could I also use assessment reports from esa. 
Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Do be aware that the decision was made based on how your conditions were at the time the original decision was made on that PIP claim. Any worsening of condition since that time will not be taken into consideration.

If your ESA assessment reports are dated after the original decision date of the PIP award then they won't be taken into consideration.

You have 1 month from the date of the new decision to request the MR but before you do this then i'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • billyandme
    Thank you.
    my condition is pretty much the same as it was. I know I should have done an mr at the time of my original award but I didn’t want to lose my award so I just accepted it.  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @billyandme, I wish you the best of luck with your claim and please do let us know if we can do anything to support you. :)
    Scope

• blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Any update on this? And no were on my letter does it say I can challenge this or I've a month 
  • D1234
    D1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi everyone first time on this site so any helpful comments would be appreciated. I have had Chronic Pancreatitis for 3 years with over 50 ambulances in 18 months waiting for a decision for 6 weeks now when I call up they say it's with the decision makers anyone think of any reason I shouldn't get it
  • poppy123456
    blue32 said:
    Any update on this? And no were on my letter does it say I can challenge this or I've a month 
    Question answered on your thread here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/64916/law-change-mobility#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    D1234 said:
    Hi everyone first time on this site so any helpful comments would be appreciated. I have had Chronic Pancreatitis for 3 years with over 50 ambulances in 18 months waiting for a decision for 6 weeks now when I call up they say it's with the decision makers anyone think of any reason I shouldn't get it
    Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately, no one can predict what the outcome could be, at this stage. Waiting times for decisions can be anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.

If you live in the UK you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • billyandme
    Hello all, I haven’t had any news yet. X
  • billyandme
    Should of added that I’ve been told it’s at least a 10 week wait. I’m not expecting to hear anything for al least another month.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @billyandme and thank you for updating us, sorry to hear it will be a long wait. How are you doing?
    Scope

• poppy123456
    Should of added that I’ve been told it’s at least a 10 week wait. I’m not expecting to hear anything for al least another month.
    Have you rang to request a copy of the report? The timescale you were given is just a guide and nothing more. Hopefully you won't be wait too long.
  • billyandme
    I haven’t asked for a copy of any report. I’m not in a good place mentally right now and I just don’t have any energy. If I fail I fail I will not be taking it any further. Even if they take my award away. I just can’t deal with it anymore.
  • Chloe_Scope
    I am sorry to hear this @billyandme, you do not have to request a copy of the report.

Do you have any support around you currently? I see this is having an impact on your mental health and just wanted to check you were safe. 
    Scope

• billyandme
    Hello all. I wanted to give you an update on my pip M R. I got standard mobility added to my award. Feeling very relieved. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's amazing news @billyandme!! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Great news @billyandme
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.