Can I get help packing and moving to a new home? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get help packing and moving to a new home?

2»

Comments

• Ragesht
    Ragesht Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Thank you, so much help! I am ever grateful.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Ragesht said:
    This may or may not work out but try contacting your local church for moving assistance. What is the worst that could happen? When we moved, I asked for some help and got 2 or 3 people to come help me carry boxes down 2 sets of stairs as well. It is worth a shot at least.
    You can google or if you know the name, visit the website directly or call/email the vicar. At our church, there is a box for requests. 
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Sorry was just a long shot
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Ragesht said:
    I'm moving 55 miles to another property in 3-4 weeks time. One of my local charities are assisting me, and they are not connected with such things themselves. It's a good idea to ask ANY of your own local charities as they may be able to help you with at least something? They have lots of volunteers, including those with large vans etc. who may help with moving if you offer them the price of their petrol... :-) 
  • Ragesht
    Ragesht Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Thank you, I will thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.