Carers Allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Allowance

AWilson89
AWilson89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone , can you please advise me as to what day Carers get their carers allowance? The person who cares for me is refusing to tell me as they owe me money 

thanks

antony 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @AWilson89 and a warm welcome to the community. 

I don't believe there's a specific day, it's individual based on when you apply and can be paid weekly or 4-weekly. I've moved your post into the 'Carer's Allowance' section of the community as hopefully someone there will be able to confirm for you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Was going to say as @Adrian_Scope said. It's, 4 weekly so everyone is  probably  different 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AWilson89   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

In response to your question. I do not know there will be members of our community or a member of our team be in touch to answer.

My concern is the owing of money. Please can I ask are you having some problems with getting access to your money.

Please can I ask can you talk to some one who can help you.  if not contact our helpline

0808 800 3333

Are you experiencing problems with your benefits being with held by some one.  Who is taking control of your benefits, income demanding money from you

It is a crime to do this.  Please if I can make a suggest if you can safely to contact our helpline or even the Police.

Called Economic crime.  I have been there with former friends and those who were supposed to help me.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    @thespiceman i think what @AWilson89 means is that the person owes them money from something else, rather than their benefits not being received from the person receiving the carers allowance. At least this is how i read it as. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Yes I thought the same @poppy123456
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @poppy123456 Thank you my friend .  I just know from reading and my own personal circumstances.

It is happening.

Hope you doing OK.

Take care.

Your friend

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    @thespiceman yes, it certainly does happen and it's so sad indeed.

I'm my daughters appointee and receive all her PIP money into my bank (Enhanced for both) but i wouldn't even dream of taking her money. I give her small amounts throughout the 4 weeks but only because she would spend it all the minute she had it. She pays for the extra support she has herself and i just help her manage her money.

I'm not bad thanks. Hope you're well too?

Take care!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.