DLA TO PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

DLA TO PIP

blackpoolpaul68
blackpoolpaul68 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Im hoping someone can help me, in the early 1990's I was awarded DLA indefinately, however due to the recent change to PIP, I have had my PIP turned down. I have asked for a Mandatory reconsideration, and as expected that was also turned down. I have appealed and it seems to be taking ages. I have had one hearing but was adjourned. Is there anyway that I can track the progress of my appeal on line. I used to have it on my pc but since I have had to reinstal i cant remember the web address to type in. Is anyone able to help me. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    Hi blackpoolpaul68,

If you're using the online appeal system, the address is:
    https://www.appeal-benefit-decision.service.gov.uk/benefit-type

Hope that's what you were looking for. Don't be surprised if it's taking ages though...there's probably a backlog as there is in most areas :-(

You can also try ringing the regional HMCTS office to find out what the current sort of wait might be. They'll sometimes tell you over the phone (ie what is the average waiting time from lodging an appeal to hearing at the moment). 

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @blackpoolpaul68 and a warm welcome to the community, I hope the link below helps! 

Unfortunately there is a big backlog but I really hope you are not waiting much longer. If there is anything we can help you with then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.