Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Stress seizures at 14 head rotating 20-30 a day
please help! My daughter has ataxic cerebral palsy, dystonia, speech and language delay, high high frequency hearing loss(recently fitted and operated on for cochlear implants) and epilepsy however been taking Carbagen carbamazepine for many years to control them, she also takes clonidine, baclofen and circadin to aid sleep. We have had to change to Tegretol Carbamazepine and since the change I’m medication she has been having what is diagnosed as stress related seizures, they are progressively getting worse, head swaying, arms shaking, eyes go funny as she explains all different colours she falls and her head goes down, these can last 60 seconds to 5-6 minutes she does not know where she is after the seizure etc I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this affect from taking Tegretol. We are trying to source Carbagen from the US through our local Drs
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 938 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.