Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help with EHCP appeal - going crazy
My daughter age 9 is diagnosed with ADHD, ODD, extreme anxiety and stomach migraines associated to anxiety and stress. She has been out of school since Februaury 19 due to severe anxiety from the previous school telling her I will go to prison and loose my job if she doesnt behave, needless to say that traumatized her.
She had a EHCP and in this plan it goes on about self esteem, paranoia, acceptance and much more, she has missed the whole of year 4 and the LA have decided to place her in our local mainstream school despite my request for a more appropriate school that are willing to accept her, now she is supposed to start next week, in a class mixed with children of year 5 &6, she has missed year 4.
She was currently on an alternative learning programme on a farm with no more than 6 children attending only 2 days a week from 10am to 2pm, they have told me she is not ready to be returned to school, I know she is not ready, but no I am told their chosen school can meet her needs which they cannot because they dont even have a sensory room. They have also confirmed to me via telephone.
So she will need to be in a class with children being a year to two years above her, this will completely destroy her welfare, self esteem and confidence by feeling more inferior and stupid, a class of 30 children when she can just about manage 6 and that's being outside, I am so angry that the decision to do this clearly doesn't have her best interests at heart. I suffer from Mental health myself so know only to well the damage caused by people that have no underlying understanding whatsoever yet they are able to make ridiculous suggestions on what is best. Damage caused at a young age stays with a person. I have 7 days left to lodge the appeal.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 702 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 769 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.