Moving Overseas to Birmingham from Australia. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Moving Overseas to Birmingham from Australia.

GraceAlyce Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Everyone!
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where to start and get the right support. 
I am a single mother with a 5 year old son who has Cerebral Palsy, he is currently not in school as they start school a year late here so we are just about to transition. 
My plan is to move to Birmingham in October so he will need to be enrolled into a school, he does of course have learning difficulties and is in a wheelchair. 
He currently receives  physio, occupational and speech therapy. 
My questions are - where do I even begin to get him the right treatments he needs? Do I need to get him into a specialist straight away when we move over? I understand I can not apply for benefits until I am living in the UK. 




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.