PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

What if your assessor turns out to be someone who knows you

sue66sue66 Member Posts: 124 Pioneering
Just a thought but what if in the event your turn up to your assessment and the person taking it knows you, I don't mean a relative but like someone in your own neighbourhood from years ago.

Replies

• worried33worried33 Member Posts: 399 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    I would speculate there is some kind of guideline related to conflict of interest and they would perhaps be duty bound to cancel the appointment and you to get a new assessor.

At a tribunal I had it adjourned once as the GP on the panel was from my GP surgery.  They had to swap the GP to another one.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    I probably would be a little scared but still attend the assessment anyway?
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,338 Disability Gamechanger
    If the person has not seen you for years then I don’t see that it would be relevant unless there’s some specific history between you which might suggest bias. Provided their report contains no internal contradictions I doubt there would be a case here.

If they were a recent medical professional that you’ve seen then that would be different. Astonishingly there appears to be no publicly available guidance specifically on conflict of interest. Not even mentioned as a bullet point in the serious complaints section. 
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 688 Pioneering
    @sue66 I'm sure as a conflict of interest they would not be able to assess you. 
Sign in or join us to comment.