Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


xxjoxx Member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi all my son has had pip since age of 15. He is still suffering with aniexty and drpression and is now 18. The have stopped his pip i sent and requested a mandoatiry reconsideration which came back the same 0. I feel the assessor was not truful to the fact saying he did not seem anxious of withdrawn. He is under the mental health team and doctor should i do the tribunal if so any tips. This is very stressful like your being made to be a liar when all notes are on the doctors file ect. Do i give up or try to fight it for him many thanks all for reading


  • daybeliever740
    daybeliever740 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Dont give up thats exactly what they want even though stressful upsetting and your time should be for your son  not chasing after DWP lack of profession unhuman behaviour and how low they will stoop even liying they should be in front of tribunaral as they are the ones who are employed by Government and lie to the courts its not you in wrong its them and this needs to be stoped I won my tribunal last Aug 15th and still waiting for backpayment all they do is pass you from department to department its enough to make you go comlptety over the edge even though it's extremely distressing keep going Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do be a voice 
  • xxjoxx
    xxjoxx Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi @daybeliever740 thank you its so harsh really is its made my son feel so down like hes lieing. They need to employee people that have knowledge and unterstanding of conditions so frustrating. Ahhh excellent that you won your. Was it very in your face moment and worrying. I m not to sure how my son will cope in that kind of situation to be honest altho universal credits asked me to be his appointee so all paper work even for pip comes in my name. Hope your not waiting to long


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.