Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, on Friday I had a call from DWP that i have been overpaid carers allowance. I have a joint UC claim with my husband and I am his carer. For the past 18 months Ive been paid weekly the Carers allowance but then been taken from our UC award, £for £... When we receive the final amount of how much we have been overpaid by carers allowance, is UC responsible to settle this debt having taken it from us in first place?
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 669 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 873 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.